Looking after yourself is so important, and so often we are lacking the motivation to do it properly. I’m a huge lover of quotes of all shape and sizes, and feel as though they can be great to kickstart your motivation, and get yourself in the right mindset for the day, or even the week ahead.
Below I have included my all-time favourite quotes for self-care, that inspire me to focus on myself for a change, and remember what is important.
1. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you” – Anne Lamott
2. “The only cure I have ever known for fear and doubt and loneliness is an immense love of self” – Alison Malee
3. “Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams” – Ralph Waldo Emmerson
4. “You gotta nourish to flourish” – Unknown
5. “The relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have” – Jane Travis
6. “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” – Unknown
7. “Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That’s who you really are, let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it” – C. Assaad
8. “A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there” – Jane Travis
9. “Get out of your head and into your heart. Think less. Feel more” – Osho
10. “Be yourself. Noone can say you’re doing it wrong” – Charles M. Shulz
11. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings you joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
12. “Don’t wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to enjoy your life” – Joyce Mayer
Quotes such as these remind me that it’s okay, and encouraged, to let go of what you can’t control. Nobody is perfect, despite what we are led to think, and we should stop beating ourselves up because of the fear and worry that we aren’t enough. It is okay to not be okay 100% of the time, and it is normal to need to take yourself away from society for a little while to build yourself back up, to re-nourish and revitalise to keep your head above water. Be kind to yourself.